Whitespace Deep Sinking
The Quicksand Channel

Home Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister 
  View Profile Public Profile     Edit Profile Edit Profile     Log inLog in 

From unknown board game?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Saturday Morning -> From unknown board game? Subscribe Topic RSS View New Favorites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dk_angel7
Superior Master Rescuer III
Adept Craftsman

: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: From unknown board g Zoom Reply with quote

I'd like to know the name of this board game.

Can't View Attachment Attachment Not Available: Not Logged In

Toby Robin O'Keefe
High Master Craftsman II

: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: From unknown boa Zoom Reply with quote

I remember seeing the original web page for this. It is from a Christian magazine for Sunday School use.

You roll dice as you travel through a circuitous jungle trail. It was a cross between a maze and "shoots-and-ladders". All the dangers represented some behavioral no-no. The goal was to reach the camp (read: metaphorical Heaven) on other side ahead of your fellow game players.

You can see the bonus square just below the illustration that reads "Know Him". That's the clue to its Sunday School origination.

This was several years ago. This clip is probably its only artifact.

evilhenchman03
Master Collector
Expert Researcher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: From unknown boa Zoom Reply with quote

Yes this was from a religious board game. When I originally found it I was trying to keep my collection small and secret, so I cut out the picture and threw the rest away. Kinda regret that now. lol
dk_angel7
Superior Master Rescuer III
Adept Craftsman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: From unknown boa Zoom Reply with quote

Oh boy! So much I can say that would start the trouble that occasionally surrounds my postings.

It did NOT make Christianity Today’s article on “15 Christian board games you won't believe actually exist [by Martin Saunders Wed 6 Jan 2016]”. I could not find it anywhere else I looked.

95% of the time, a “Christianized” anything becomes a poor image of whatever inspired its creation. Either it is poor quality or just plain twisted.

The apparent [established religious] themes that are the undercurrent are interesting. Be good [works-righteousness salvation] all the while your goal is to be the first one to reach “camp” [proverbial heaven that is achievable only through death].

I can not forget the usual theme that the consequences of “bad” behavior are always counterproductive. Ecclesiastes, Proverbs, and Psalms lament the opposite as being true.

None of these themes at the core are to be found in scripture.

There are no surprises here.

At least the mud rescue scene was excellent.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Saturday Morning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: