Whitespace Deep Sinking
The Quicksand Channel

Home Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister 
  View Profile Public Profile     Edit Profile Edit Profile     Log inLog in 

Ron Ely Tarzan series QS clips...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Saturday Afternoon -> Ron Ely Tarzan series QS clips... Subscribe Topic RSS View New Favorites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
furzan2005
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Ron Ely Tarzan serie Zoom Reply with quote

Anyone remember a few scenes from the 70's Tarzan TV series with Ron Ely? I can think of a few, but the memory's getting fuzzy anymore. I'd love to see them again. As I remember, they were pretty decent.
Any chance of someone posting them? Pretty please...

thanks,
Furzan2005 Smile
claykid
Advanced Researcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

There was at least three or four that I can think of, but I can't remember what season they were in. One involved his little boy, friend, Jai and at least two others with Ron himself, never did see any with any females in that series

claykid
Tim
Superior Master Researcher III

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

As far as I know, there were no female scenes, which was a shame as nearly every episode had a female guest star.

There were a few male scenes. My fave is from the two-part story "The Deadly Silence". I saw this as a little kid, but finally got a worn out copy last year and saw it again for the first time in 20 years.

Tarzan is wounded, and rolls into some QS, but pulls himself free with a vine. As he lies exhausted on the bank, one (of three) baddies creeps up on him. Tarzan gives him a quick kick right into the same QS, and there is a nice tense moment when his two colleagues try to rescue him, but they can't quite reach. Cue some really neat dialoque:

Baddie 1: "One more inch, and he might have made it"
Baddie 2: "War is won in inches, you know that Sergeant".

Afraid I have no idea how to get a frame cap from this scene. If anyone knows, let me know and I'll try to get one.
furzan2005
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

I've managed to locate all the episodes on a DVD box set that's being offered right now. It's a little pricey, but worth it to me since I'm a pretty big Tarzan buff anyway. When I get it, I'll see what I can do about posting vidcaps and possibly clips if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the info!

furzan2005
furzan2005
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree. They should have at least done one female QS scene as good as they were at it back then.

furzan2005
Giark
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: If I Remember.... Zoom Reply with quote

Isn't this the Tarzan that is captured by natives and forced to undergoe a test for his freedom?

He runs a gauntlet of perils in a wooden cage type tunnel complete with hot coals, snakes, and surprise!! Quicksand!

Good QS if I remember right.

Might be some other version of Tarzan though.....
Danger_Girl
Master Craftsman V
Master Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: If I Remember... Zoom Reply with quote

Giark wrote:
Isn't this the Tarzan that is captured by natives and forced to undergoe a test for his freedom?

He runs a gauntlet of perils in a wooden cage type tunnel complete with hot coals, snakes, and surprise!! Quicksand!

Good QS if I remember right.

Might be some other version of Tarzan though.....

No, that's the right version, all right. Except, if I remember correctly, he wasn't trying to gain his freedom; he was serving as a champion for a woman in a competition for who would lead their tribe. The usurper-to-be was a very powerful warrior. His test was to dive off a high waterfall, while Tarzan had to run the gauntlet. It was a pretty cool scene, as he was using the spears being poked at him as he was up to his neck to pull himself along.

Su

stefani_tg
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

If I recall the series right from my own childhood, wasn't there one where Tarzan is handcuffed to a convict, and as they run across a clearing, one falls in quicksand and starts to drag the other in?

;-D
Boggy Man
High Master Scout

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

I fondly remember the old Tarzan series, especially the quicksand scenes. The quicksand they used was of a really great clayish quality!

I remember some of the two-part episode involving the soldiers (enjoyed the killer ant scene as well as the qs scene). The quicksand that swallowed the guy, if I remember correctly, didn't completely close shut over him until the gap over him rose over his hands, giving an idea of how thick it was. I also remember seeing the surface after he was swallowed, yellowish or beige clay mud with a tiny bit of water on top, quivering slightly.

I also remember the other episode where Tarzan had a choice between the cage and cliff diving, and chose the cage, since he considered the cliff too dangerous (his opponent took the cliff). He was given several items to help him through the cage, and could only use each item once. I can still remember after he walked over the hot coals, the ground in front of him was shimmering. I thought it was from the heat of the coals. But, he then took a pebble and tossed it, and when it hit the ground, "BLOOP", it disappeared! He jumped in, and slowly made his way across, with the quicksand up to the sides of his face, and people were sticking spears into the cage, which Tarzan helped to pull himself up and along. After he got out the other side, I remember him using a rope to swing across a pit of spears. At the end of the cage, there was an urn, which was tipped over, and a cobra slithered out, which he had to take care of.

I remember another episode where he fell into some quicksand and let out his famous call, which summoned an elephant, which offered its trunk for him to pull himself out with.

I also remember another scene involving the boy whom a bad guy was after. He lured the bad guy into some quicksand, and after the guy talked the boy into pulling him out, the bad guy then grabbed the boy.

It has been many decades since I saw the series, and have forgotten much of the episodes, but certain scenes, especially the quicksand scenes, have stuck in my head with a fair bit of detail! Smile

(((ioi)))

- The Boggy Man
Crypto
Rescuer
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

Here are the ones I know about...

Tarzan "?The Cage" *
1966 TV - Ron Ely
Tarzan serves as champion for the rightful heir (a woman) to the leadership of a tribe against a male challenger. Tarzan and the native are to choose between two different tests: a dangerous cliff jump near a waterfall into the water below or negotiate a treacherous cage of various obstacles. Tarzan chooses the cage, and the other guy chooses the cliff dive. At one point in the cage, Tarzan notices the ground ahead moving. He takes a small rock and throws it, and it promptly disappears into a muddy bog. He tries to jump across the pit but misses, falls in, and drags himself out while the natives are jabbing spears into the cage.

Tarzan "?" *
1966 TV - Ron Ely
While Tarzan is out collecting some water, two handcuffed guys wander over to a stream for a drink. One falls in some mud and grass quicksand and sinks to his neck. As Tarzan returns and hears their cries for help, he begins to pull the one out but gets knocked in just as he frees the guy. They try to pull him out but can't, so Tarzan calls over a young elephant to help.

Tarzan "?"
1966 TV - Ron Ely
An episode in which Jai (Tarzan's little friend in the series) and a young native boy are kidnapped by a portly guy and forced to lead him through the jungle. The boys get free and lead the guy on a merry chase, and both grab vines and swing over a quicksand pit while the pursuing kidnapper plunges into it. The guy sinks to his chest before the boys, having an apparent change of heart, throw him a vine and pull him out. The guy isn't so bad after all and gratefully asks for their help after being rescued.

Tarzan "The Deadly Silence" parts 1 & 2 (aka Tarzan's Deadly Silence movie)
1966 TV - Ron Ely, Jock Mahoney, Manuel Padilla Jr.
Tarzan tries to stop a bloodthirsty Colonel from taking over and enslaving an African village with his formidable soldiers of fortune army. Tarzan battles the military expert with the help of jungle animals and tactics having temporarily lost his keen sense of hearing due to an underwater hand-grenade blast. While deafened, Tarzan partially rolls into a vegetation-covered quicksand pit. He then pulls himself out and fights one of the soldiers pursuing him who is subsequently thrown into the same quicksand. Tarzan escapes while the heavy-set man's compatriots try to pull him out but without success.

"You cannot know a man until you know his lost Atlantis and his Utopia for which he still hopes to set sail."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Saturday Afternoon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: