Whitespace Deep Sinking
The Quicksand Channel

Home Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister 
  View Profile Public Profile     Edit Profile Edit Profile     Log inLog in 

More jungle quicksand

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Saturday Afternoon -> More jungle quicksand Subscribe Topic RSS View New Favorites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PM2K
Archmaster Rescuer
Adept Artisan

: 29

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: More jungle quicksan Zoom Reply with quote

Two evil poachers get theirs in the finale of this story within the Vault of Evil comic...
Jiminy Thicket
Inventor
Victim
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

You are an unstoppable quicksand-comic-finding force!
quagmire_uk
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

I know the truth - you are actually a comics artist and you are quickly creating all of these yourself. Razz He he.

This is a pretty good one.
PM2K
Archmaster Rescuer
Adept Artisan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

I wish! Very Happy

I'm just your average obsessive compulsive sort who keeps on looking... and has been really, really lucky of late... Wink
Chest Deep
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

Thank you s-o-o-o-o-o much for this one. I gave you all my kudos for the day. I absolutely love the tag line at the end with the elephants wondering why we great white hunters go to our death in a spot where no logical, intelligent elephant would dare to tread. Awesome and funny, too.

Something here is fairly reminiscent about this story. I don't know where or even when, but I have seen this before, likely in my childhood back in the 1960's, back, way back, before booze and drugs addled by brain and erasing many of my memories. Do you happen to know the date of release of this Issue?

Either way, thanks for another great find.

sinkin' slowly
Jinn
Master Sorcerer IV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

Great research once again, PM2K. Do you always know where to look, or are you just wingin' it?
PM2K
Archmaster Rescuer
Adept Artisan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

Jinn wrote:
Great research once again, PM2K. Do you always know where to look, or are you just wingin' it?

A little from column A and a little from column B... Wink
PM2K
Archmaster Rescuer
Adept Artisan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

Chest Deep wrote:
Something here is fairly reminiscent about this story. I don't know where or even when, but I have seen this before, likely in my childhood back in the 1960's, back, way back, before booze and drugs addled by brain and erasing many of my memories. Do you happen to know the date of release of this Issue?

Either way, thanks for another great find.

The issue itself was released in the early 1970s... '72 I think... however, I believe this story is a reprint of one from the 1950s.

And you are all welcome. Very Happy
Boggy Man
High Master Scout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

Years ago, I remember seeing a different comic about someone, or people, looking for the elephant's graveyard. The person or persons watched one elderly elephant break away from its herd, likely ready to die. He/they followed it, hoping to find the fabled graveyard, anticipating vast treasures of ivory. But, it then showed the elephant laying on its side in a pool quicksand. The person/people following it were disappointed that the graveyard was a huge quicksand pit. The elephant was the only one in the quicksand, and the comic didn't show it sinking under.

(((ioi)))

- The Boggy Man
Belleinboots
Adept Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: More jungle quic Zoom Reply with quote

Wow another great find PM2K I like this one and the outcome that it's a great white hunter's graveyard! Also I like the idea of how sticky the mud is at the initial shallow depth of sinking, they are trapped already and then sucked down to their depths.

Alison
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Saturday Afternoon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: