Whitespace Deep Sinking Logo Deep Sinking
The Quicksand Channel

Home Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister 
  View Profile Public Profile     Edit Profile Edit Profile     Log inLog in 

Re-Introducing Me

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Technology Talk Show -> Re-Introducing Me Subscribe Topic RSS View New Favorites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnhagan
Advanced Wanderer

: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Re-Introducing Me Zoom Reply with quote

I've a returning member who first joined back in 2005. Just got too busy with other things, but now I'm hoping to reconnect. In addition to catching up on developmenst, I wish to participate in Sinking Island. I don't have much experience with chat/role-playing, but I'd like to learn. I expect I'll start out as a hapless explorer willing to join up with any expidition, regardless of how doomed! Also, I'm sure you can count on me to (at least attempt) a rescue. Perhaps some villianous tendancies will emerge down the line.

I enjoy dramatic perilous situations of many kinds, but I especially like quicksand. It was the first dramatic peril I found a group of like-minded folks sharing their thoughts, and it has remaind a favorite.

I look forward to the opportunity to explorer, learn from, and contribute to, the Sinking Island community.
SirNetwork
Expert Bumbler
Expert Watcher
Deep_Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Re-Introducing M Zoom Reply with quote

Welcome aboard/welcome back!
You may notice that a large portion of the membership here now also contributes on quicksandfans.com, but there is no Sinking Island equivalent. Also, there are several members here who roleplay/hang out in the quicksand areas of Second Life which have dramatically improved over time.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
johnhagan
Advanced Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Re-Introducing M Zoom Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is there a problem with quicksandfams.com? Every time I hit the "Go Under" button, I just return to the same home page. Am I doing something wrong?
Foster Blake
Deep_Sinking Concierge
Deep_Sinking Concierge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Re-Introducing M Zoom Reply with quote

Admission to the show requires that you register at the door. Until you have a username and password, you won't really be in the tent.

Foster Blake
Deep_Sinking Concierge
johnhagan
Advanced Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-Introducing M Zoom Reply with quote

I'm not sure I fully understand Foster Blake's response, but today I again tried hitting the ENTER button at QuicksandFans.com, and I got past the opening page. Then, I was able to successfully register. So I'm all squared away.
umbra_eclipse
Expert Wanderer
Craftsman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Re-Introducing M Zoom Reply with quote

Welcome!

Yeah, it has dried up here a bit in the last little while, but there's still fun to be had here. Welcome aboard. Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Technology Talk Show All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: