Whitespace Deep Sinking Logo Deep Sinking
The Quicksand Channel

Home Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister 
  View Profile Public Profile     Edit Profile Edit Profile     Log inLog in 

Access to Sinking Island

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Technology Talk Show -> Access to Sinking Island Subscribe Topic RSS View New Favorites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jiminy Thicket
Inventor
Victim
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Access to Sinking Is Zoom Reply with quote

I've been a little slack about approving people who requested Sinking Island access. (OK, I basically stopped.)

Sinking Island is pretty much defunct... the server keeps track of how often people say something, and it's been known to go more than a week between people speaking, which pretty much implies that nobody's there.

However, that also means that there's nobody there who needs protection from riff-raff wandering in off the street, so I guess it doesn't hurt to just start approving anyone who asks unless problems develop.

(Which is not to imply that the people recently asking for access are riff-raff; I mean only that past riff-raff contributed to the relatively high wall around the garden.)

I would just ask new visitors to temper their expectations. Sinking Island has a number of drawbacks, chiefly its outdated technology and its being administered by one of the community's, ah, less-beloved members. One of those problems could be fixed, but the other cannot, so it's pretty much going nowhere anytime soon. So, unfortunately, what they are most likely to find is a ghost town that may not live up to the hype.

The people who've both recently asked for access and been recently active have been approved in. If anyone else wants access who doesn't have it, please post here.
maps
Rescuer
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Access to Sinkin Zoom Reply with quote

may I please have access to SInking Island.

Thanks
Maps
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Technology Talk Show All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: