Whitespace Deep Sinking Logo Deep Sinking
The Quicksand Channel

Home Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister 
  View Profile Public Profile     Edit Profile Edit Profile     Log inLog in 

Sinking Island

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Technology Talk Show -> Sinking Island Subscribe Topic RSS View New Favorites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luticia rau
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Luticia Rau and I've been on and off in Deep Sinking for a little while now. Someone is helping me to learn to role play and Sinking Island was suggested as a great place to do that. Having the Swamp in Second Life (SL) "The Twisted Purple Rose~ Kingdom and Swamp" has enabled all those who enjoy quicksand sinking some fun and adventures there. I participate in that activity with the folks who come and visit for fun and pleasure in the swamp. There are also plant traps, webs, and a great snake. All is RLV (real life relay or enabled) to help one have a realistic experience with these traps. I'm there to assist them in their use if needed. I'm hoping to gain a bit more in role playing with others, and am hoping that gaining access to Sinking Island is possible, so we have a place outside of SL to do that. Looking forward to hearing back. Thank you!
luticia rau
Deep_Sinker

: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Well does anyone still use Sinking Island? Sounds like a great plan to use it for role play yes?
Vandercat
Master Wanderer II
Master Watcher II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Actually, I've been on there before, but I've never seen anyone else on it...
It would be a decent option for a RP, but unfortunately it isn't that great when no one is online :p
themystery
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

I have a SL account too. But it'd be nice to try and RP once in awhile possibly on the Sinking Island.
Chimerix
Master Craftsman IV

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Oh, the fantastic times we used to have on Sinking Island! The parties, the role plays, the epic adventures! I can honestly say that nothing I've experienced in SL comes close to the fun and arousal I routinely enjoyed in the island.

(sigh)

themystery
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Well, maybe we can all do something on SI sometime soon. I myself do enjoy a good RP.
Jiminy Thicket
Inventor
Victim
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Sinking Island is a bit of an empty wasteland these days, so there's not much to see there. I've been meaning to shut it off, but haven't got around to it yet.

However, I'll see if I can check to see if I can still bump the people in this thread up for access.
luticia rau
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

So if we work at using Sinking Island for role play a bit more often Jiminy, would you keep it instead of shutting it off? Just curious?
Jiminy Thicket
Inventor
Victim
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

As long as people remain interested and it remains viable to support, no, I won't shut it down. I just figured it was more or less defunct.

For the time being, I might suggest that people who don't want to experience a deserted island discuss times to meet up here in advance. Smile
themystery
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Well, I'd like to try and RP with you guys. Just need to be granted access. I'm pretty much ready when ever. I just may pop in and out frequently.
themystery
Deep_Sinker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Edit

How does one get out of the quicksand by his or herself? I've spent hours trying to do that(While doing other PC stuff.) and still can't get out, and it's not the type where you can go under. So am I stuck there till someone comes along, or will it reset after awhile of not logging in? Sorry if there was an answer somewhere else I didn't notice.

Commadore
Expert Craftsman
Adept Knight-Errant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

themystery wrote:
Edit

How does one get out of the quicksand by his or herself? I've spent hours trying to do that(While doing other PC stuff.) and still can't get out, and it's not the type where you can go under. So am I stuck there till someone comes along, or will it reset after awhile of not logging in? Sorry if there was an answer somewhere else I didn't notice.

Your best bet is to either force yourself under and stay under or, if you have alcohol on you, just drink yourself to death (the amount needed depends on what drink you have).

To force yourself under, just keep using the "Sink" command (I think that's it, haven't done it in a while).
Billie Bonce
Superior Master Sorcerer
Master Superhero II

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

themystery wrote:
AFAIK there are places from which you cant get out on your own whatever you attempt to do. There was a member of the forum who spent months trapped in a pit. Other members did visited the pit, but at that moments he wasn't logged in, and hence he was invisible. When he was logged in, nobody appeared around the pit.

I think, adding "starving to death" function would be an act of humanism Wink

Rilana
Adept Wanderer

Location: The wilderness - of the island or life, who can say?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

The island handles perpetual item location, right? If we knew what pit you were trapped at, couldn't we just leave a heavy enough drink or two near it for you, so you could drink yourself to death?

...I think that would work, it's bee a while...
Jiminy Thicket
Inventor
Victim
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinking Island Zoom Reply with quote

Many items are perpetual but due to some abuses early on, drinks do expire.

If you're well and truly stuck, I would suggest you email me and work out a time when we can both be on. I can help, but when you're not signed in there's nothing I can do.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Technology Talk Show All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: