Whitespace Deep Sinking
The Quicksand Channel

Home Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister 
  View Profile Public Profile     Edit Profile Edit Profile     Log inLog in 

Continuation of the Janet QS artwork

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Saturday Afternoon -> Continuation of the Janet QS artwork Subscribe Topic RSS View New Favorites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypernovae
Master Craftsman
Expert Watcher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Continuation of the Zoom Reply with quote

I've actually decided to expand the Janet Quicksand art to make it a series of artworks. I had a few others but I spilled water on them, ruining them beyond repair and thus was forced to redo them but I saved one of them and here it is.

Even as she gets increasingly scared/nervious when the quicksand has enveloped her up to her shoulders, her lover just keeps giggling and hitting on her even when he realizes that she's increasingly nervious as she gets deeper and is almost up to her neck in the bog.

This was actually inspired by the "Rowena Sinks" video with her in a similar circumstance.
Darkraptor1
Deep_Sinker

: 5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

Sorry about your other artwork! That's gotta be a big bummer!

I do love the expression on her face...it seems appropriate somehow...

Anyway, nice work!

Hypernovae
Master Craftsman
Expert Watcher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

I'm cool about that now. The fun I have in drawing and Quicksand artwork overrides any anger at not getting feedback.
SmileyMcDeath
Advanced Rescuer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

Well, it goes with anything anyone around here does. Nine hundred people see a story you've written or a picture you've done, and of those, three people respond to it with a message of thanks. If even one in fifty who saw a given contribution commented on it and gave thanks, we'd have a lot more people creating things for the board.

It still holds true, even if you upload a request you made of an artist, or a clip you made of a scene few, if anyone, has seen or an old, old story that most of the people around here haven't read yet. You still had a part, however small, in bringing something new and interesting to the table. No, your satisfaction comes in seeing how many times people have seen it--you think to yourself, "Wow! 1,927 people have viewed this! I must have done something right!"--and in knowing that, more than likely, no one would have ever known about it if it hadn't been for your effort.

With that said...she looks as if there's no place she'd rather be than right where she is, shoulder-deep in a creamy, sticky bog on a warm, sunny day. I like it Wink

Keep 'em comin'!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Deep Sinking -> Saturday Afternoon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: