0.3.10d IFB (June 25, 2006)
This update is experimental and is likely to cause problems! Please report any bugs.
- The mangrove ring has been upgraded and returned to service.
- A bug causing delays in the delivery of messages to people inside objects has been fixed.
- Experimental changes have been made to address recent serious lag issues.
- The bug where someone leaves the room, but the display on the right doesn't update might be fixed.
- (0.3.10a) A bug causing lots of errors for sinking people has been fixed.
- (0.3.10b) A bug causing people stuck in the mangrove swamp not to show up in the room description has been fixed.
- (0.3.10c) The sacrificial robe has been nerfed as a navigation aid. Sorry guys.
- (0.3.10d) The mangrove ring has been upgraded again.
- (0.3.10d) The look through command has been added.
0.3.8 IFB (June 24, 2006)
- New content has been added. Some of this content is still being tested and tweaked.
0.3.6 IFB (June 22, 2006)
- If the R/T engine stops or crashes, it will now attempt to restart itself.
- It is now possible to mark locations as impassable on foot.
- Internal changes have been made in anticipation of future updates.
0.3.4 IFB (May 21, 2006)
- Unveiled cool new Sinking Island logo designed by our own jferio.
- Minor fix if you attempt to rescue yourself.
- (0.3.4a) Add notification during startup if you haven't taken the current poll.
0.3.2 IFB (April 28, 2006)
- Restored certain missing features at the Sacrificial Plaza.
- Fixed a couple of allowed (but nonsensical) actions.
- Moved the Sinking Island URL from "qs" to "island"
- Updated documentation, added FAQs, how to get started, and more.
- Alphabetized people in the list command.
- Fixed a problem with pulling people into quicksand. (Reported by Chimerix, backported.)
- Finally for-serious-this-time fixed the [acc:x] bug with the Cantina trash can. (Reported by Micksand, backported.)
- The inventory command no longer shows the contents of any closed containers you are carrying.
- The pose and nopose commands have been modified to prevent certain types of confusing messages.
- Additional performance enhancements designed to improve scalability and reduce server load.
- Added the ability to completely disable Sinking Island during upgrades and severe problems.
- (0.3.2a) The word "seep" is repeatedly spelled wrong at the tar seep. (Reported by MickSand.)
- (0.3.2a) Some adjustments and debugging information for the reported connection problems.
- (0.3.2b) Certain broken actions in the sacrificial plaza bog have been fixed. (Reported by Micksand.)
- (0.3.2b) Some slight verbal differentiation has been added between entering, jumping in, falling in, stepping in, and stumbling in.
- (0.3.2b) The description of the "Edge of Swamp" location was enhanced. (Suggestions from Zebrafan.)
- (0.3.2c) Additional client changes to hopefully help with "people just disppear."
- (0.3.2c) The descriptions for "Sandy Swamp," "Templo De Las Movedizas," and "Outside the North Beach Cabana" have been enhanced. (Suggestions from Laeilee and Zebrafan.)
- (0.3.2d) A fix for problems that occur when adding new areas.
- (0.3.2e) A fix to stop an internal resource leak causing performance problems.
0.3.0 IFB (19 Apr 2006)
This is a major and highly experimental update. It is likely to cause problems, and some or all of it is likely to get reverted if/when it does.
If you have problems after this update with missed or slow messages, or if you receive errors, please report them. It's very important!
- Made the connections between locations significantly more flexible (for future upgrades).
- Fixed a bug where if you were a member of a party and you joined another party, the old party might not realize you left. (Originally reported by Hitomi.)
- Added links to people's profiles in the list command.
- Changed the message delivery infrastructure to both run faster and take less resources. (This is the experimental part.)